Monday, March 3, 2008

I love everybody in the world

Brian gave me a laptop for my birthday. It is really a family present. Having two computers is a must right now with MD playing on-line a lot.
One of the reasons to get a laptop was that MD does not like to stay downstairs in the office at night alone. We all come up and he comes but he would rather play a little longer.
The laptop makes it easy for him to play in bed while daddy sleeps next to him and I can be with Gigi in the room next door until she falls asleep ( and I catch up on my DVR'ed shows)
So one day last week I come in the room to get something while he was playing and dad was zonked out and he turns to me and say: "I love every body in the world! I love everyone!"
What a bliss to be 5 years old and feel unconditionally loved and respected and above all heard.
Yes, we always get what MD and Gigi want, or try really hard and strive for it. Not always possible right away. We put our best effort and the children trust that we will do and if it does not happen they are so understanding.
Also Sunday I was a bit stressed out with a messy house so MD picked up his room all by himself after saying he was going to do so. I didn't even see it until hours later when we came to play upstairs. Picking up tends to overwhelm him after a few minutes. I guess it took me by surprise to see him get it done because he felt mom needed help.
Having said that I have to add that Gigi is jealous of the "dang" laptop and is always in between, nursing just because it is in my lap.
So Alex put that thing down and give her all the attention she needs!NOW! (OK It is almost 1:00AM everyone is sleeping now but me...)

2 comments:

kelli said...

I'm not sure when your birthday was but... Happy Birthday to you! :)

Alex Polikowsky said...

Thanks Kelli. It was February 10th.
I turned 42! Getting old....older....